Wednesday, December 21, 2016

#MyTravelokaEscapade : Sabah!

A via ferrata (Italian for "iron road", plural vie ferrate or in English via ferratas) is a protected climbing route found in the Alps and certain other locations.
(Source : Google)

Well, Sabah has one. I mean the route. Check the details here. In fact, this one is World's Highest Via Ferrata. This is what im planning to do in Sabah.


Source: Internet. Pic credit to Shaun Yap
I have few best  friends that i wanted to bring along, just for the fun of it, and for the experience they had. We have known each other for a long time, and i think its time to test their trust.. i mean their skills doing this climb.

I was in Ranau last year during the earthquake and it was a terrifying experience, especially i was there with my family. But, that doesnt stop me from wanting to climb Mount Kinabalu again.

I climbed it back in 2004, but it was cloudy and slightly drizzling, so no nice sunrise picture available for me to show off with anyone. and photo taken using films is.. never mind. 

So, i wanted to climb again, and this time, im gonna bring my best friends, my best camera (digital, not the film one) and hoping for the best climb in my life (and sunrise too).
Throughout the years, i became fond to photography and i wish to get some good shots while climbing this route. 

Climbing always thought me about patient and team work. How human depends on tools and each other to survive. Respect the nature the most, and you shall pass. (ok i just made that up). Well, i hope by getting your attention the first step to realizing my dreams become reality. Next one : clothing, gears and stuff, well.. i will think about that later. 

Oh did i mentioned that this trip includes mountain biking @ Kundasang? During my last trip back in 2004, we had a great time cycling around Kg. Kiau.
Yes, we did bring our own MTBs for this, and the adrenaline rush going down those steep unpaved road was surreal. So i think instead of water rafting (which is awesome as well) this one is less done because of the arrangement. But doable. So i hope that i can make this trip a reality :) Some of the pictures from 2004 :



#MyTravelokaEscapade Thank you!

No comments :

Post a Comment